The Pre-Kindergarten Program at The Malvern School includes a balanced curriculum of math, science, social studies, computer, gross motor and fine motor activities to develop a child’s intellectual skills. We provide personalized instruction offering children developmentally appropriate challenges that foster self-esteem and self-awareness. You won’t find this depth of activities and experience at other Pre-K schools or Pre-Kindergarten programs.
OUR GOALS FOR THE PRE-KINDERGARTEN Program ARE:
- In depth work on language development through expanded vocabulary, advanced sentence structures, story sequencing and pre-reading
- Math experiences including computer skills, recognition of numbers, matching of sets, understanding of various math concepts and simple problem solving
- Social and emotional development through cooperative play
- Fine motor activities that will allow children to properly grasp pencils, use scissors, print and draw
- Physical development including jumping, climbing, running and building activities
- Music and movement activities where children can sing, dance and be the leader of the marching band
- Arts and crafts projects with the group as well as individual works of art
- Opportunities for science and nature investigation
- Opportunities in the Discovery Room to explore science, dress-up and pretend, build creations, work together or independently, or just curl up with a good book
The Malvern School offers Pre-Kindergarten Programs at each of our locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.