First Step Program
The Malvern School provides “First Steppers” with a warm, stimulating environment and opportunities to explore and make choices under the guidance of a caring, experienced teacher. Our nursery school curriculum focuses on building independence and confidence while engaging in fun, age-appropriate learning activities. Our small group provides a sense of security during this transition period from infancy to toddlerhood.
Our Goals for the First Step Preschool Program Are:
- Advancing cognitive abilities with daily activities related to colors, textures, shapes and basic awareness of letter and number concepts
- Language and communication skill-building through naming or asking for familiar objects, repeating common words or phrases, listening, reading, and singing
- Social/emotional well being through positive interactions with teaching staff and peers, problem-solving skills, and imaginative play
- Nurturing curiosity and interest in the world around them as well as learning through inquiry and exploration.
- Development of physical skills with daily attention to improving walking, grasping, self-feeding, and hand-eye coordination
- Enjoyment of art and music experiences such as simple songs and fingerplays, exploring musical instruments, dancing, use of art materials and creating and responding to art
The Malvern School offers a First Step preschool program at each of our locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.